"Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world.; today I am wise, so I am changing myself"
If still more education is to save us, it has to be an education of a very different kind, an education that takes us all, children and adults, into the real depths of the human condition: the unlimited possible meanings to our individual and collective existence, the unlimited possible ways of being, becoming and behaving.
One of the greatest challenges humanity is facing today is to operate within the capacity and boundaries of all Earth’s natural systems, which implies a profound reassessment of the modern meanings given to the human existence. In order for education to contribute to more sustainable realities and futures, the priority is to broaden the scope from just producing human capital, well-behaved citizens and good workers; to also facilitating the exploration and experience of new ways of being, becoming and behaving.
De la Sienra E. (2020) Holistic Thinking and the Worldviews-Based
Learning Framework. In: Leal Filho W., Azul A., Brandli L., Özuyar P.,
Wall T. (eds) Quality Education. Encyclopedia of the UN Sustainable
Development Goals. Springer, Cham.
https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-69902-8_6-1 Read more...
De la Sienra, E., Smith, T. and Mitchell, C. (2017) 'Worldviews, A
Mental Construct Hiding the Potential of Human Behavior: A New Learning
Framework to Guide Education for Sustainable Development', Journal of Sustainability Education, vol. 13, no. March,pp. 1-21. Read more...
- De la Sienra, E. (2018) Exploring the hidden power of worldviews : a new learning framework to advance the transformative agenda of Education for Sustainable Development. Doctoral thesis. University of Technology Sydney. Read more...
- The CAT Venue ... where circularity and transformation happen! www.thecatvenue.com.au
- Environmental Education and Training, Consulting in Mexico City: www.ecambiental.org.mx
- The Transdisciplinary Collective, an australian research initiative focused on systemic transformation: www.transdisciplinarycollective.com
- Collaborative housing, research proyect on ecoliving: www.collaborativehousing.org.au